Vaudrin Academy helps all its students realize their full potential through innovative methods based on solid research because our planet’s future depends on what your children learn today.
Vaudrin Academy is a private trilingual elementary school for kids from 2 to 12 years of age. We focus on developing the skills needed for the future such as communication, awareness, creativity, and critical thinking. Innovative methods based on solid research in education and brain science are used to help your kids reach their full potential.
What this means in everyday life at Vaudrin Academy:
- We make sure our students’ primary needs and emotional needs are met before even starting to teach them anything. When students are stuck in the emotional part of their brains, they cannot access the higher functions to learn or the memory to store the new information.
- New ideas are cherished and tried…even if they do not always work. This is critical to develop your child’s self-e
steem and creativity.
- Students live in an environment where the Growth Mindset prevails. Even from a young age, they are taught about the brain and how they can change it. They know they can learn anything if they out their minds to it and work hard.
- We do our best no matter who we are, what we are doing, where we are, or how we are feeling. Perseverance is one of the most important qualities to develop to succeed in every aspect of our lives.
- Everybody helps everybody at Vaudrin Academy. No matter how old the students are or how they help, they understand that they have the power to make a difference.
- Older students are in the habit of helping little ones tie their shoelaces or zip up their jackets.
- Parents and older siblings accompany us on field trips adding opportunities to get to know parents and listen to them.
- There is always a student who volunteers to bring a friend in if he/she falls outside. We are responsible for each other.
- Staff members give and receive about 50 hugs or high-fives per day. The smiles are infinite. Hugs increase the bonding and happy hormones in our bodies.
- Our students and teachers come from everywhere in the world: Colombia, Bolivia, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Great Britain, France, Syria, Iran, Taiwan, China, Guyana, India, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, USA, etc. and all play together.
- We only accept win-win solutions. This builds empathy, perspective, creativity, and the ability to express oneself and compromise.
- All kids take turns cleaning up the lunchroom. Nothing better to teach responsibility and respect of the environment!
- Regular personnel meetings along with the staff’s own social media site to exchange information, discuss ideas, and share feelings. A tight-knit group that support each other and give each other immediate feedback provide awesome role models for our students.
- For the other innovative strategies based on the latest research in brain science, well, you have to be part of our family to get all those little secrets!
Please contact the school at 514-600-4415 x 2 for more information.